This Friday The Three Belles and The Bevin Boys are coming to Sevenoaks in Kent! We are performing our latest show, ‘Sing Sing Sing!’ at The Stag Community Arts Centre at 7.30pm. We are so excited to perform this show, as we have been working on it for months with the talented writer and author, Matt Wingett (ex ‘The Bill’ scriptwriter).
Singing in rich, close harmony like the Andrews Sisters and backed by their swing trio, ‘The Bevin Boys’, Betty Gail and Dorothy take you on a journey from 1939 to 1945.
Mixing monologues, letters and humorous sketches with toe-tapping wartime swing numbers, “Sing Sing Sing” is a vibrant celebration of the lives of people whose determination, grit and humour took them through the dark years of the War to eventual triumph.
Also in this joyous musical revue -
· …find out how the privileged Betty takes it upon herself to “keep the British end up” by giving hilarious educational talks that highlight both the absurdity and seriousness of life on the Home Front.
· …listen in on the love letters exchanged between newly-wed Dorothy and her husband Johnny and relive the heartache the War meant for so many.
· …experience the highs and lows of Gail’s search for love in a time of conflict, in which she struggles to escape her working class roots and find the man that’s right for her.
· …laugh out loud at the gags of Max Miller.
· …tap your toes to the tunes of The Bevin Boys, run by their bandleader Will – a man with a secret he can never tell.
And watch out – there might be an air raid!
“Funny, wry, tragic and uplifting, this musical revue is as gripping as it is entertaining…”
With its feelgood vibe and its vintage content, this delightful portrayal of years gone by is also very, very up-to-date.
Book you tickets here or call 01732 450175. Hop to see you there! xxxx